Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1, 2010

Another good day. Danny decided to take me for a ride to Iowa City for dinner. I decided to stop and buy my wonderful mother some flowers and take to her office in Cedar Rapids. She was totally blown away when I walked in her office. Met her co-workers and they could not believe I just had surgery and looked so damn good. Had a wonderful day but was a little tired by the time I got home. Dr. Duven's office called when I got home and informed me they received lab tests back from the nodes they removed during surgery. There was 13 nodes removed from under my left arm and only 4 were cancerous. They first told me probably 9 would be cancerous so I was so excited.They peeled the cancer off my chest wall but don't feel it penetrated the wall. The cancer lump in my breast was about an inch in length, 3.5 phase. They remind me that the surgery is the easy part of this journey, chemo will be the hard part. I will always keep my eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel. Have a great Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment