Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Friday...

May 7th..today I start my first chemo treatment. Not nervous or scared at all. May be because this last week has been a tough 1 and I'm just ready to get the show on the road. Tuesday I went to my gynocologist to have a non-hormone IUD put in. 10 minute procedure that lasted over 2 hours and 2 doctors later trying to manipulate my cervix open enough to allow the amount of room that is needed for the device. No go. They needed 6cm and I only had 5cm to work with. In the process of figuring out another option.
Wednesday was my surgery to have the port put in. 45 minute procedure ended up being 3 hours before my parents and Danny received any contact on what was going on. Could not get the port to cooperate and did a few extra cuts. He also knicked my lung sack so breathing was difficult for awhile after. Woke up twice during the operation...once during 1 of the cuts....WEIRD. Strangest feeling ever.
All in all...it's Friday and we all made it here! :) Now if the weather would straighten up it'd be even better. Have a FANTASTIC day!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I really hope today goes smoothly for you Lori, you've had some crappy experiences but I'm so happy to hear you sounding upbeat. You just amaze me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a rough week honey! God really has given you some trials, but each of them is making you stronger! Cause looky there...you weren't nervous at all for today! Give me a hollar if you want to do church this weekend! Saturday at 5! stay strong sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a week indeed. Your Mom was telling me more about it too - I can't imagine what you all are going through. Like Steph, you amaze me too. Like Missy says about your trials...I am sure there will be many more to come. Thank you for posting, it is like a "sigh of relief" to "hear" from you. I am so thankful that I get to talk to your Mom too - I am sure this "Mother's Day" will be much more meaningful and precious to her. She loves you so much!

    ReplyDelete