Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day...

Happy Mothers Day to my unbelievable mother! All the strength, courage and determination I've learned from her. Love you Momma. :)
Happy Mothers day to ALL of you mothers!!!!!!! Hope today is a wonderful day for you!
As for me....I'm struggling hard. Chemo went great and I have not gotten sick once. Been urpy a couple times and the tired stick hit me hard last night, but other than that...no terrible side effects yet from the chemo.
Weekend has been extremely sad outside of that though. Friday morning when I woke up my cat had taken a turn. My usual grumpy "feed me" old man was in his own little world. Went to chemo, came home and he was the same. So now it's Mothers Day and his "possibly just don't feel well" mood is lethargic and non responsive other than shallow breathing. You can appreciate if you have loved a pet that has been through every ups and downs in life with you being your "best bud" for 19 years...how this must feel. Devastating to say the least. I feel bad saying this but the saying "god only hands you as much as you can take" statement is one I would like to throw out the damn window right now. Tomorrow I will do the next hardest thing that has been handed to me and put him down.

2 comments:

  1. oh honey! I'm sooo sorry about Pookie. You have had an incredibly hard and trying week! I don't know that I can say or do anything to make it better. But please know that I am here and praying for comfort all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. We had to have Marcel put to sleep last month. It was the hardest thing I have ever done! His diabetes took too much of a tole on his body. It gets easier but still tough. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete