Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10th....

Been awhile!
I started a new chemo "Taxol" 2 treatments ago (yesterday was my 2nd) and it is going very well. The only side effects are either I'm extremely tired or have insomnia. Now I don't know if I can blame it on Taxol or just me. Ha! Luckily I have not been sick or felt nauseous at all. SO happy for that. :)
As with so many people during the downpour on Wednesday...my basement took on a lot of water. Was halfway up my knee's and very dirty. Loaded the garage with most of the totes, pumped out the basement, squeegeed the mud and then power washed the entire basement. In looking at the bright side of the situation, I have a VERY clean basement now and got rid of a lot of things I needed to get rid of anyway. Some things turn out for the best after all.
Today mom, Sue and I went through all of the benefit items thus far and made up the baskets and packages. That was SO much fun! Overwhelming to see how much effort people have put towards this benefit and I want to express how blessed I feel! You all are amazing!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you and your Mom made the "best out of the flood" situation. That is so great that you have so many baskets and packages - just another sweet reminder how much you mean to people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita...thank-you so much for the cute card and money for pedicure! My toes thank-you to! :)

    ReplyDelete